Prepare to burn your candle
- Before burning your candle, trim the wick to approximately 1/8 inch or 3 mm. This will provide a more rewarding experience in both color and fragrance and prevent uneven burning, mushrooming of the wick and unnecessary soot.
- When lighting for the first time, burn the candle until wax melts or liquifies across the entire surface up to the sides of container.
- Make sure to burn your candle approximately 2-3 hours each time you light the candle. This allows for an even liquified pool of color to develop across the entire surface of the candle. This will help the candle burn evenly, last longer, prevent tunneling and always trim wicks before each burn.
- Keep the wax pool clean and free of wick trimmings, matches, and debris always.
Place the candle on a stable, level, and heat-resistant surface. This will reduce or prevent possible damage to surfaces and prevent the glass containers from cracking.
- Avoid burning in drafty areas, or windy spaces. This will allow your candle to burn in a timely manner and avoid uneven burning, diminished scent throw, soot build up and excessive dripping.